Monday, July 27, 2015

A Little Thunder

So, as you may recall from my previous post, Thunderation!, or through other channels, I published a book of poetry earlier this year entitled Thunder at Darwin Station. And hey, if you haven't bought a copy yet, what are you waiting for?

Well, I have had a couple of occasions to do some readings from the collection, one of them being at a variety program at the Players Club in Manhattan back in March. My friend John Rovito was also present. John is the founder and artistic director of the Poets & Actors Company, a group he started up via the social media site LinkedIn, (originally under the name of SlamDogs), a group that also puts on live performance events. John was kind enough to make me one of about a dozen featured artists on the group's site, and you can sample excerpts from Thunder at Darwin Station on my page over there.

And, when I did my readings at the Players, John made a video recording of one of them, and it appears on another page on his site, and over on Vimeo where it was uploaded. And now here:




Lance Strate at The Players Club from John Rovito on Vimeo.
Poet Lance Strate performs "Thunder at Darwin Station" at the Players Club in NYC.


So, yeah, my name's spelled the wrong way on the subtitle in the video, that happens sometimes. And to be honest, this was not my best performance of the piece, but then again, it's the only one so far to be recorded, so there you have it. And if you'd like some more of it, or just want to do something nice, here you go:





Hey, it's worth it just for the cover art! The poetry, well, it's an acquired taste (so why not go ahead an acquire it?)!