Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bidding A Fond Farewell to IGS

As of today, March 15th, my term as Executive Director of the Institute of General Semantics has come to an end.  Over the past three years of my tenure there, I hope that I helped the organization to move forward, and my new book, On the Binding Biases of Time, was a farewell gift to the IGS, in that all of my royalties are being donated to the Institute (have you ordered your copy yet?).  My time with the IGS has certainly been a great learning experience, and it has been an honor to walk in the shoes of Alfred Korzybski for a brief time.  But now it's time to move on, and since I'm in Italy as I write this (for a McLuhan Centenary event that I will write more about later), I'll just say, arrivederci IGS!
 

3 comments:

uAJSdudAUD said...

Thank you for your service, Lance, not only for the IGS, but also for the Media Ecology Association....Alex Kuskis

Bruce Kodish said...

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Robert Barry Francos said...

You have certainly done the IGS proud over these years, and I for one want to thank you for your hard work. I look forward to telling you so in person at either at a future MEA or IGS conference.
-- Robert