Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mary Mary Quite Contrary How Does Your Zombie Grow?

So, confession time, I've really been hooked on a game on my iPod Touch that's just far and away the best thing I've come across when it comes to gaming on the little device.  It's called Plants vs. Zombies.  Yes, that's right, Plants vs. Zombies.  The way it works is that the zombies are attacking, you have to defend your house, and you do so by planting different kinds of plants that fight off the zombies.  It's gardening without getting your hands dirty, and fighting zombies without, well, you get the idea.

Here's their videogame trailer.  Did you know videogames even have trailers?  I suppose it depends somewhat on how old you are, how into the current videogame scene your are, and/or whether you have any teenagers living with you, as I do.  My son watches them on cable via the G4 on demand service, as well as online.  Anyway, here we go:


As you can see, this game is about humor, not horror, and it really is a lot of fun to play, or at least I think so.  I've enjoyed it so much that I've gone through the main part of it three times over, and the quick plays many more times.

I mentioned that they have a trailer, but they also have a music video.  Did you know videogames have music videos?  Somehow, I think that's a bit rarer.


My hats off to Laura Shigihara, who also has a Japanese version.  Her website is http://www.mybluedream.com, in case you want to explore her work further.  And there's a YouTube channel for Plants vs. Zombies, that has these two videos, and others:  http://www.youtube.com/user/PlantsVsZombies.  Or you can go to the Plants vs. Zombies website set up by PopCap Games:  http://www.popcap.com/extras/pvz/?.  And while you're there, you can make your own zombie avatar, or zombatar.  Here's mine:





Oh, and I just want to make it clear that this is an entirely unsolicited testimonial. Now, pass the brains, please!





No comments: